Monday, April 28, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Monday: Spaghetti with meat sauce
Tuesday: Lettuce Wraps-using this recipe, but substituting pork for the turkey-pork is on sale :)
Wednesday: Homemade Mac and Cheese-didn't end up doing this last week
Thursday: Taco soup-from Zak's mom (recipe below)
Friday: Family in town-probably hamburgers on the grill
Saturday: Going to a ball game
Sunday: Pork Chops and Potatoes

BTW-We finally got around to trying the Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken, we poured it over rice. It was very easy and really tasty-I recommend it!!

Taco Soup
-I always stick all of the ingredients in the crockpot on low for a couple of hours, then I can serve it whenever I want

1 pound browned ground beef
1 onion chopped
1 pkg taco seasoning
2 16 ounce cans corn
2 16 ounce pinto beans or ranch beans
3 16 ounce stewed tomatoes
1 16 ounce tomato sauce
1 large can chopped green chilies

**Modifications I make: I don't eat beans, so I leave those out completely and I like this to be pretty thick so I only add 1 can corn and 2 cans tomatoes.**

Brown ground beef. Saute the onions with the ground beef. Dump in all the rest, juice and all. Heat and serve on a bed of tortilla chips topped with cheese and sour cream.

2 comments:

+AM+ said...

couldn't i just make this with 4 bucks at rubio's and a blender?

that link is up by the way, for your weakened computer that can't handle it. :)

Posh Mama said...

We do the Cream Cheese chicken and LOVE it! Great menu!

Related Posts with Thumbnails