Sunday, April 06, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


It's been a LONG time since I have participated in Menu Plan Monday. I still have been menu planning to keep food costs low, but haven't been as organized about it (like not getting it done until Monday night and then only with a lot of encouragement from Zak). I tried to include all the recipes-although I haven't tried them all...we're being adventurous this week and trying a couple of new ones.

I've recently found some fabulous recipes on recipezaar.com-you can type in a specific ingredient that you need to use up and get a list of a ton of ideas. I always filter the recipes by reviews, it's nice to read what other people think -often they even suggest additions to the recipe to make it better!!

This week's (tentative) menu-I'm pregnant-food is always planned tentatively :)
Monday: Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken (new recipe)
Tuesday: Tortilla Casserole-recipe at bottom
Wednesday: Wild Rice Chicken Casserole
Thursday: Italian Sausage and Penne (also crockpot-this one is GOOD!!)
Friday; Bowties and Broccoli-this one is also new
Saturday: Ribs-I'm not really sure the best way to cook these-I'm open to suggestions if anyone has a yummy rib recipe!

Here's the recipe for Chicken Tortilla Casserole from Zak's Grandma-it's one of my favorites!
1 medium onion
1 can cream chicken soup
1 can chicken broth
1 can diced green chilies
2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
1 pound grated cheese (I do not use this much!!-maybe 2/3 cups)
2-3 Tbls. margarine
1 can cream of mushroom
1 small pkg corn tortillas

Brown the onion in the margarine. Combine with the soups, broth and green chilies. Add chicken and stir well. Layer corn tortillas, broken in pieces. Layer chicken, then sauce and lastly grated cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Check out more menus and recipes at Organizing Junkie!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

That crock pot cream cheese sounds yummy. It's going on my menu for next week! Thanks!!

Wifey said...

The crockpot cream cheese chicken is so good! I make it every once in a while, and it's always a hit. Have a great week!

Nicole said...

Yummm.... I have bookmarked the bowties & broccoli. Thanks for sharing! :)

Danielle said...

I have a recipe for Crock Pot Italian chicken that is very similar to yours. It is delicious! We serve it over rice and is really good with steamed broccoli.
I am so glad you had a break with your mom there.

j&krosser said...

I was wondering when you were going to start that up again. I have used several recipes from other peoples' blogs. It's good because then you know real people like the recipes.

Browns said...

wow, i want to try all of these! thanks fir sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails