Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Inspired

After much deliberation (and selfishness on my part-I don't want to give up my sewing room!!) we have decided to stick the two kids in the same room. Since Jakson's room currently looks like this

which isn't gender neutral in my opinion, we've decided to redecorate with this as the inspiration I really like the color scheme. I'm loving this as well...
Because Jakson's current bedding matches the whole jungle theme, I figured that he needed a new comforter-I realize this is a little premature since the room hasn't even been repainted yet, but I thought it might motivate me/Zak to get the rest of the room done. I bought Jak this cute father/son vintagey fabric awhile ago along with some fuzzy fleece for the opposite side. So far he loves it. Finally, I've done something right!! :) It really doesn't get cold enough here to warrant something heavy-I think even for the coldest nights, it should be warm enough
Why the tongue?

I didn't want to leave anyone out, so I put together this blanket (it doesn't necessarily match the room-I just know I'll need a lot of blankets!) for the baby girl. No pink!! :)

7 comments:

j&krosser said...

Yeah you better keep your sewing room because now you will really have a girl model for your stuff. (no more boys in tutus)

Amanda said...

The new room is going to be so cute. I love it. You need to get a little pram like that one to go in it.

Marielle said...

I love that color scheme! It is going to look really cute!

Melissa said...

I like the room and the blanket. You better post pictures once you've finished it.

deborah said...

love the sewing projects, but every girl needs a little pink.

Kerry said...

You're so talented, Beth! And AMEN to no pink, unless it's all funky and modern. Bows just kill me.

Katie Brown said...

i like pink. and i hope you change your mind when you have your little stinker because pretty much everything is pink. and you'll learn to think it's cute too. good luck with the to kids sharing a room. it's not fun. hopefully jakson will be a deep sleeper.

ps- i'm so proud of you and all your craftiness! when are you coming to texas again?

Related Posts with Thumbnails