Wednesday, March 05, 2008

You're a Cold Hearted Snake

I've only had a couple of pets in my life-I can't say that I am an animal person...
There was, of course, the Scout fiasco last year, but before Scout...there was Boo. Boo did not bark at 4AM, poop on the floor, acquire weird sores on her body, or turn me into an angry person-she was definitely a better pet than Scout. Isn't she cuddly?
Things I learned from owning a snake:
  • they really get a bad rap-I dated a guy who told me it was evil to own a snake because of the Adam and Eve story.....huh?
  • snakes can be lost for a month and suddenly turn up behind the water heater
  • water heaters are difficult to move
  • snakes love to sleep inside 6th graders' desks
  • 6th graders think it's hilarious to find a snake sleeping on their math book
  • sometimes you can get more dates if you own a snake :)
Side Note: This is not a recent picture-Boo has relocated to Houston to live with my parents. I'd kill to fit into the shirt I am wearing in this picture again-not because the shirt is all that fabulous, but because I was so much smaller then. Dang Jakson ruined me. :)

8 comments:

Clyde J Criddle said...

You are welcome to have Boo back. Think of all the fun Jakson could have taking her for a walk - opps, I mean a drag.

Matt & Brooke said...

ewww, I'd take scout any day of that creepy thing

j&krosser said...

Ahhh, I remember Boo. You could add to your list that you get some good, dirty looks from ex-roomates when you come to bring it over.

Marielle said...

I miss Boo!

Marielle said...

Actually, Sam misses Boo. I didn't even know Boo.

Katie Brown said...

that is such a creepy picture beth. i didn't know you used to have a snake? tell me this isn't some kind of texas thing i'm going to acquire...

Kolbaba said...

The only thing that is keeping us friends at this point is that if I squint and focus really hard I can convince myself that the creature in that picture was either superimposed from another picture or it was just a funny-looking hat.

Audra Bollard said...

Beth! I thought I knew just about everything about you by now, but I about fell off my chair when I saw that picture. You are brave.

Related Posts with Thumbnails