Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Joys of Sitemeter

Sitemeter can provide hours of entertainment for the truly bored or those who are merely trying to put off cleaning the house (Computers have always been useful for this sort of thing. In college it was avoiding writing a paper, while teaching it was procrastinating grading papers and so the trend continues as the bathroom scum builds up).
I always find humorous {A} the things people Google and {B} the things people Google and somehow get matched up with this blog. Some of my recent favorites:

1. "Death by crib tent." I'm not really sure how to take this. I know I've mentioned that Jakson is caged in a crib tent in order to ensure our sanity, but I don't believe that I've ever mentioned "crib tent" in the same sentence with "death"-it's rather morbid actually. Do these people want to read about children who have died in crib tents or are they merely trying to find out if a crib tent is safe? Not sure about this one....
2. "Katy Vermillion." Katy is Googled a lot. Granted she is single and so is exponentially more interesting than I am, but there have been days where it is out of control. I think that her 8th graders are trying to get the dirt on her-maybe I should write blog entries about imaginary boyfriends and scandalous rendezvous just to throw them off. Tempting.
3. "Eating Balmex-Frankly they should be calling Poison Control and not Googling blogs if this is something they are concerned about.
4. My favorite: "rat tail mohawk"-you know you've made it when people Google this and find YOU.

5 comments:

Annie said...

My blog's name is Deep Lunges and Unitards. You can just imagine what google references I find on my sitemeter.

j&krosser said...

In regards to number 3 should I have called posion controll for Kayda smearing it all over face and arms like lotion. she is so cute she says "I Lochy daddy".--Jaden

+AM+ said...

you win. sitemeter did tell me that on thursday, i had 149 visitors, when my previous best was 40. i must have been famous for a few minutes.

Matt & Brooke said...

i've never heard of sitemeter, i'm a little slow??? I'm going to check it out right now!

Audra Bollard said...

laughing out loud here about the rat tail . . . i'm so glad I get to "hear" your funny thoughts via blog. miss you bethy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails