Thursday, February 21, 2008

To make a long story short

Last week my Grandma was taking her daily walk and got hit by a car. I know, it sounds like a fake excuse for not blogging, but I assure you, it is not. Before you run to your closet to adorn yourself in black, take note that I am currently typing this and not mourning because she will be fine. She was in the hospital longer than expected (hence my lack of blogging-that's where I was too), but is now in very capable hands at my aunts home being doted on and I'm sure being offered her fair share of ice cream.
Jakson, not wanting to be outdone by Grandma, promptly acquired a case of sensitive bowels and has been stinking up the place for the past couple of days. Thank goodness for the "Quick Wash" cycle on the washing machine!
These are a lot better than some of the excuses I heard from various sixth graders. Do you really expect me to believe that your ruined 300 page math book blew out of the window as you were driving on I-15 and despite the rain, you searched through the weeds to find it?

4 comments:

Kolbaba said...

Wow. Nate and I were already excited about coming to Phoenix in a few weeks, but now, with the prospect of Jak's bowels and everyone in black, I can hardly breathe with anticipation!

Katie Brown said...

glad you're back and all is well.

Allikaye's Mama said...

Hi! I cam e across your blog and really loved reading the entertaining blogs! I have a 13 month old, and loved your posts about your kids! Thanks - and I'll pop by some more!

Kerry said...

Poor Grandma and Jak! I hope you're hanging in there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails