Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tantrums

It's two months before the terrible twos officially begin, but Jakson has apparently made the decision to start early. Anything can bring a tantrum on.....I think I am getting a taste of what it must be like to raise a teenage girl. I can't seem to do anything right-his sandwich is not made to his liking, he prefers me to buckle the top lock of his carseat first, I choose the wrong song at naptime......if he could speak, he'd probably be asking me to drop him off two blocks away from his friend's house. He has gotten so upset about my faults as a parent that he has thrown himself around for a whole hour. His stamina amazes and annoys me. When does that stage where they idolize you begin?
Excuse me while I make his breakfast incorrectly.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I hear you. We are having an especially challenging couple of days. If I make it to Friday I might have to throw myself a party. You might need one too.

Gina said...

And it doesn't end when they turn 3 either!

Kolbaba said...

I am shocked and appalled at your blatant disregard for his simple preferences. As his mother, you should be able to read his mind and cook, sing, and buckle everything perfectly to his liking. I'm on your side, Jakson!

I'm trying to think of something else sarcastic to type, like,"When I have kids they'll behave perfectly when they're two."
I know moms love it when people say that:)

Layla Frances said...

Hi, I stop in from time to time and read your blog! I think it is great....

I wanted to chime in on this subject...

I have no kids of my own, but I have been a nanny for three families, worked in daycares...and also I have helped raise my littlest sister (12 1/2 years difference) and i have been babysitting for over 17 years....

Who ever said terrible two's are terrible never saw three or four!

When their vocabulary grows so does the tantrums!

Good Luck!

(Tantrums are a small price to pay for such cute children! Trust me when I say this....it will come back to them when they have their children!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails