Monday, December 31, 2007

Obsession

While needing to get some last minute projects done last week, I took a chance and sat Jakson in front of "Toy Story" hoping to get 15 minutes of free time. 90 minutes later...... I've unintentionally created a monster. The only thing he wants to do now is watch Toy Story, sustaining life with a sippy cup of milk and the occasional glance to make sure I am still in the room. What have I done? It's 10AM and he still hasn't had breakfast.
Later I'll have to drag him to the park....

I've been trying to think of activities that will help our airplane trip later this month be tantrum free. The crayon holder that Jak got for Christmas gave me the idea to make him a little artist apron. He really likes to color and it usually entertains him for awhile (at this point, we could just take Toy Story to bide the time, but unfortunately it is a VHS-no portable VCR here). The apron holds 8 crayons as well as a little activity pad-right now I just filled the pocket with blank notecards. It turned out so well, I'm going to make some more and list them in the shop.

Later this week, I'm going to make him an activity bag filled with books and such that he can carry himself on the plane as well-thanks Amanda for the idea!!

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Good luck with the plane ride. It might just be worth buying toy story on dvd...:)

Brit said...

We went on a trip to Utah back in October and that was a 3 hour flight and E was almost 2. My friend gave me a great idea to wrap everything with wrapping paper in his little backpack. It made him very excited to see what was inside and he had stuff to look forward to. I found a couple of Usborne books that he really liked, some Toy Story figurines, silly putty, stickers, and snacks. That's basically all he needed. I also made him sit in his car seat since there is no way that I was going to be chasing him up and down the plane aisle! I have such an active little guy that there is no way I could contain him unless he was in his car seat! Those are some of my ideas, I hope they help!

Katie Brown said...

buy the dvd beth. do yourself a favor and lose the guilt over the tv watching. i have a feeling you read enough to the kid to counteract any damage the tv might do...

Matt & Brooke said...

One of my favorite NZ memories.... please bless this food..."to infinity and beyond."
Glad you guys had a good xmas!

Danielle said...

Hey Beth,
You have added some awesome things to your etsy shop!! I just love this apron, in fact I just posted about it on Tutus and Turtles! Hopefully you will get some more customers!
Danielle

Related Posts with Thumbnails