Sunday, November 25, 2007

Toddler Bed Fiasco: Night One

We ended up putting Jakson in a port-a-crib (low to the ground) at my parent's house because we didn't want him to kill himself and we didn't have any other options. Now that we are home, we've decided to try the toddler bed-his crib converts to a bed, something that I thought would make an easy transition. Easy transition...ha! After an hour and a half of him getting up and us taking him back to bed, we just ended up taking everything out of his room that he could climb or that resembles a toy. I guess he can fall asleep on the floor if he doesn't want to stay in bed. Fortunately, our doorknobs are taller than the ones at my parents' so he can't get out. I am a little worried that he will stack things up until he can reach the door knob-something he has been known to do in the past. Tomorrow I will be investing in some child proof door knob covers. What will the morning bring? A boy who no longer naps = the end of having a life. Why, Jakson? Why?

4 comments:

Matt & Brooke said...

Oh Beth I soooo feel your pain! I'm dealing with an insomniac ever since we went to a bed. I put up a gate...took 2 days to figure out he could climb over that one, and now I've got the door knob thing so he can't get out. (and NO toys in there) Unfortunately it still doesn't make him sleep in like he used to...and he's just become creative with entertainment. Apparently a basket full of clothes is pretty entertaining during nap time. Good Luck, hopefully it goes better for you :)

Anne said...

Maybe there is some website you can go to for helpful advice on this one. But, yea, your life is like, basically over.

Baldwin's in Utah said...

Oh you poor thing- I feel your pain as well! The whole trying to drop a nap/ switching to a big bed is such a pain!!! Good luck! No tips here- we just had nights of drama and then one day it clicked...

Paige Sinclair said...

you can always give him 1 special toy that he is allowed to take to bed and play with until he falls asleep but if he gets out of bed he gets it taken away....it worked for Hyrum.

Related Posts with Thumbnails