Monday, November 12, 2007

I won't quit my day job...

My friend Deborah asked me to come to her daughter Alice's "Princess Party" dressed up as Cinderella and read a story to the girls. I did not already own the costume, but she was able to find one after Halloween for 75% off that would fit. Unfortunately, I don't have Cinderella hair or her slim figure, but I guess I was passable because her daughter wanted to sit in my lap the whole time and I took a picture with each of the party girls. Zak dressed up in his tuxedo (still fits into it from the wedding. Maybe ONE of my legs would fit into my wedding dress!) and was a prince. We're still not sure which prince because Prince Charming wore tights not a tux and Alice wanted "Prince Eric" to come. So, I guess he was Prince Eric, which means that something weird was going on because he's actually The Little Mermaid's husband. Whatever.

It was fun and Zak got free cake (I didn't eat any and yet I'm the one who doesn't fit into my dress!!), but I don't think I'll give up staying at home to start a full time career as a Cinderella impersonator. Although free Disney World does sound appealing...

I don't think we should let Prince Charming see this picture.

Oh and in case you were wondering, I read the girls Alice the Fairy. I figured it was very fitting since the birthday girl's name was Alice!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

My niece had a princess come to her party, except she was seriously 45 and it WAS her career. Kind of strange, but she did entertain 15 3 year olds for an hour and a half, so well done her.

Vanessa said...

cute!! That's great that she could find the costume. I'm glad that you guys could have fun. I know the kids loved it.

The Askeroths said...

Tom and I did something like this when we were in high school, but it was at a McDonald's. We were suppose to be Sleeping Beauty and Prince Charming. Somehow I talked him into tights.

You two look really cute :)

Katie Brown said...

hilarious! hey, did you have your craft show thingy yet? how'd it go?

Gina said...

That is so cute and funny! I think we've all had our girlish dreams of dressing up as a Disney Princess, and now you've fulfilled yours!

j&krosser said...

That is hilarious! Way to go princess

Audra Bollard said...

This is just awesome. Zak is such a good sport. I'm trying to imagine the bribe I would have to give Will to step foot at a girl's birthday party. Why don't we have girls Beth?!

Matt & Brooke said...

Hmmmm, I might reconsider your day job. Pretty Cute!

deborah said...

you are the best cinderella ever, thanks so much...it was a hit with all the girls.

Related Posts with Thumbnails