Monday, October 15, 2007

Ender Will Save Us All

Standing in a dimly lit room, shoulders pressed against the strangers next to me-not a foreign feeling, but still uncomfortable-straining to peek over heads, listening for the first notes..... the perfect Saturday night.

Dashboard was my first real love.

I used his lyrics during one of my more dramatic breakups:
Which of the bold faced lies will we use?
To get over breakups:
Don't you see that the charade is over? And all the "Best Deceptions" and the "Clever Cover Story" awards go to you.
To get a guy:
So long sweet summer. I stumbled upon you and gratefully basked in your rays
Who later became my husband:
Hands down, this is the best date I can ever remember.
And that became our wedding song.

Seven years later, Dash, and we're still going strong.

Dropping Jak off--ready for a night of good food (Cafe Rio) and GREAT music!!

13 comments:

Shambonies said...

oh i miss cafe rio!!

Amanda said...

Y'all are so cute! I'm glad you had a great time.

Clyde J Criddle said...

I'm glad you guys are so much in love. Imagine how I feel about your mother after 32 years of being together.

Matt & Brooke said...

Speaking of songs....on the other post you said jamie was your favorite song....and i couldn't help but remember playing that song over and over and over again in new zealand b/c of your current flavor of the month- hmmmmm! Just kidding :) sort of...hope you guys had a fun trip. By the way brynlee wore her headband to church and i got a million compliments! So CUTE!!!!

j&krosser said...

Good ol Dashboard. Remember you dragged me to a concert in SLC? and now I have Jaden hooked. Funny.

Zak said...

I would like you to remember how you tried to make up your own "Dash" lyrics.

Beth: I can't. I am emotionally flatlined right now.

I am sure if you would have used real Dash lyrics you would have been rid of that guy for good. Instead you are stuck with him!

bethany said...

You have to admit that was one of my best lines ever.

Lola Goetz said...

ender? as in "ender's game?" just wondering. :)

btw, hubby & i have been together 10 years and it just keeps getting better. sounds like it's that way for you, too. congrats.

becky
(misspriss.org)

Bryan & Jen said...

We LOVE LOVE LOVE Dashboard!! They totally remind me of getting ready for teaching while Bryan and I were dating. And I have the CUTEST shirt (that doesn't fit right now!!) that is black with pink skulls and bones that says Dashord Confessional on it. Man I love them! They are in my Top 5 for sure. (along with Counting Crows, The Format, Jimmy Eat World...)

bethany said...

FYI: "Ender will save us all" is the title of a Dash song-Ender is his middle name.

Leanna said...

jealousy

Bryan & Jen said...

you know his middle name? wow... obsess much? ;)

Audra Bollard said...

darling picture of you two. happy anniversary!

Related Posts with Thumbnails