Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Trading Up

Jakson (like most kids, I'm sure) likes his new toys for a few days, then the novelty wears off and he's back to throwing himself off of high places. My friend Holly (who also has a 16 month old, Natalie) and I have toys lying around our houses that our kids just don't play with. Rather than rotate toys (this is what my mom used to do, put away some toys for a few months and then get them out again-new stuff to play with), we've decided to trade toys. Not a forever trade, just a couple of months. One of the main reasons that I like this idea is that I don't have to find a place to store the unused items-my house is too small for that. Jakson picked a little car from Natalie's house (he's obsessed with steering wheels-not cars, just the steering wheel) and every morning when he sees it, he runs to turn it on. It's pretty amusing, seeing as I haven't ever seen him this excited about a toy. In fact, he likes it so much that I can get something done for a few minutes while he plays by himself.

6 comments:

Bryan & Jen said...

So Cute!! The whole car thing gets worse with age, too. It expands beyond just cars to trains, boats, helicopters, planes, motorcycles.... the list goes on and on. But I LOVE boys. Aren't they so fun?

Veronica said...

A toy swap is a great idea! I'm going to have to do that with some neighbors (like Gina :)

Gina said...

Veronica that sounds great!
My Jackson actually has that little car that Bethany's Jakson was riding, and it has been a hit. Thanks grandparents.
p.s. Little BOYS are so fun!

Gina said...

Veronica that sounds great!
My Jackson actually has that little car that Bethany's Jakson was riding, and it has been a hit. Thanks grandparents.
p.s. Little BOYS are so fun!

Gina said...

Oops. Sorry about the double comment. I thought it didn't go through.

Leanna said...

jakson is a pretty cool kid

Related Posts with Thumbnails