Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Katie-this one's for you....

Kate made the comment that 2 1/2 hours for a gift shouldn't be termed "quick and easy gift" and she's probably right. So here's one that really is fast and easy. My dad's birthday was last Saturday and because of a new position at work, he has had to travel quite a bit. I tried to find some cool luggage tags to get for him to distinguish his black bag from all the others, but found that they were expensive and not as personal as I wanted them to be. After seeing the photo luggage tags on Shutterfly ($8 for ONE!), I thought-hey I can do that. So I printed up his contact info on bright blue cardstock (easy to see when circling on the luggage carousel) and then sent four pics of Jakson (wallet sized) to Walmart. I picked up the pictures an hour later, glued the cardstock back to back with the picture and took it to UPS for laminating. I picked the heaviest laminate so that the tag would be pretty stiff, punched a hole in the top and attached a stretchy elastic from the cheap luggage tags they give you at the airport. In all, I spent about $5 for all four and I still have four extra pictures to make another set (wallet sized pictures at Walmart come in twos). And..my dad loved them! Happy Birthday Dad!I would show you the other side, but I realized that it has all of my dad's personal info on it (like address and cell phone number) and I don't really want to post that on the web. If you are really interested to see how I did the back, just email me :)

4 comments:

Katie Brown said...

you're too crafty beth!

Anne said...

Funny thing about those tags is that if someone were looking for luggage to steal, they would probably leave those alone - figure they are full of diapers and kid stuff!

MommyKnows said...

Great idea ... what a cutie!

Vanessa said...

that is a great idea! I only wish that I had thought of it, so I could take the credit when I make those someday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails