Saturday, July 14, 2007

Sew Cute!

I know, enough with the sewing puns-they are ridiculous but hard to resist writing. This is the last one, hopefully.

So, my next door neighbor is pregnant with twins and we are attending a baby shower for her this afternoon. Normally, I don't do the whole baby shower thing (didn't even have one myself-I usually just send a gift), but since husbands are invited too and we are trying to be neighborly, we are going. I found this tutorial for making baby booties online and decided this would be the perfect time to try it out. It was surprisingly easy and I was able to add some touches of my own (the button and little silk flower). In fact, I think the girl pair are so cute I want to keep them for myself. I told Zak that I might make a pair big enough for me! I am so grateful to people who share their amazing talents and cool patterns for others to use!

And by the way, if you do make them-I went to Joann's to look for the bonded fleece (suede on one side/fleece on the other) and they didn't have it. In fact, the salesperson said the store hadn't received any shipment of it this whole year. Instead, I bought material that is cotton of one side and some kind of gripper material on the other. It worked well for me and was only $3.99 a yard.

EDIT: I didn't like all of the raw edges inside the shoe, so I've been looking around for a different pattern. This one is a little different and takes care of the raw edges problem.

4 comments:

Veronica said...

Hi Beth, I don't know if you remember me. I am from your old Stake in Katy...Bear Creek Ward. We went to girls camp together and all that good stuff. I am a big blogger and happened to come across your blog in a VERY round about way...let's just say it's a small world! You've got a great blog. I'm really big into sewing and decorating too so I might frequent your blog now to get some good ideas! Hope you're doing well!

Carey said...

They are really cute, now i just have to learn to sew.

MommyKnows said...

Cute shoes, I love the picture of Jakson on the header!

Danielle said...

Very cute, where do you find time to look for all of this stuff? I am so glad you do the looking and I get to reap the rewards! Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails