Friday, June 22, 2007

YUM-O!


My friend Mandy gave me this bread recipe that is super easy and fool proof. It's quick and the results so far have been very yummy-if I can do it with no major catastrophies, it must be easy! You can either make two loaves of bread or cinammon rolls with the amounts listed.

Quick Bread


5 1/4 cup flour
1/2 T salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 T yeast
2 T oil
2 cups warm water

Whisk together dry ingredients (flour, salt, sugar, and yeast). Add oil and water. Mix well (can just use wooden spoon).

For bread: Tear dough in half, place in greased bread pans (2). Cover and let the dough rise for 25 minutes-don't let it rise very much longer or the bread will be a little stiff. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Makes two loaves.

For cinnamon rolls: Roll dough in a rectangle shape-I used a jelly roll pan. Spread mixture of 1/2 cup melted butter, about 1 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2 T cinnamon-these can be changed to taste. Roll the dough up and cut into sections using floss. Cover and let rise for 25 minutes. Bake at 350 for 10-15 min (until golden brown on top).
ENJOY!!

**Remember to enter the giveaways for this week and check out the great deals and free stuff on Screamin' Deals!**

7 comments:

Mom Tu-Tu said...

This looks and sounds really good! I love anything with Cinnamon!

Pinks & Blues Girls said...

OMG! This looks delish! I just printed the recipe - a good Sunday night activity! Thanks!!
- Audrey
Pinks & Blues Girls

MommyKnows said...

Mmm looks good!

Caroline said...

Ok, first of all Beth, let me say that I loved your blog before this post, but I love it even more now. I took one look and made them at 10:00 at night. However, I did discover that they aren't foolproof, although it probably takes a "gofted" person to figure that out. I realized after rolling the dough into my jelly roll pan that I was completely out of cinnamon. So I ran to the store to get some and by the time I got back, the dough had already risen before I rolled them up. They looked just sad by the time they were done, but still tasted great! So, it's not a complete failure, but it probably takes me to mess them up at all! Thanks for the yummy recipe, and next time I'll have all ingredients on hand BEFORE starting!

Caroline said...

Sidenote: remember how I was trying to say "gifted" in my last comment and actually typed "gofted"? That's the kind of "gifted" I was talking about :)

Leannabanana1991 said...

ummm hi. so I made a blog too cuz apparently everyone has one now. anywayyyy I don't know how to personalize it. How do you have a profile picture??

Leanna said...

ha it might help if I give you the link:

leannacriddle.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails