Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Let's Rock and Roll

When my in-laws moved into their house (over two years ago), they found this little rocking chair in the attic and gave it to us in case we ever had children :) Even if Jakson would have been a girl, "Teressa Lynn" wasn't really in our name pool and I wasn't the biggest fan of the rainbow, so I knew that eventually I would have to alter it. Now that he's big enough to sit in a chair by himself, I figured it was about time I did something with the rocking chair to make it more "boy" looking. Today, while he was napping, I got out the craft paint, some paper and some craft glue and fixed it up. After being interrupted by the census lady (took up A LOT of my precious nap time) and running out of paint, I'm not sure if I'm totally satisfied with it yet, but Jakson is loving it. He wouldn't move when I wanted to take the picture... If only he could figure out how to really get it rocking-he vigorously shakes to the left and right.
His new smile-I think he's trying to wink and it's not working out for him.

8 comments:

Zak said...

Actually, I wanted Jakson to have the name Teressa Lynn. It was top on my list mainly because the rocking chair. I love that rainbow!!!

Matt & Brooke said...

Hey Beth!!!!
I just figured out how to comment- yes i'm a little slow- so I thought I'd say hi! Your blogs are soooo cute and Jakson is getting so big. I think you should know you are the one who inspired me to create our little family blog, so thanks! Hey you should come out for Russell's wedding (in the O.C) Cute chair also- you're so crafty!

Annie said...

Hey, so did you like SHELLAC (hate that word!) on top of the paper? How did you do that? I'm artsy, not crafty, so teach me oh wise one.

Katie Brown said...

love what you did with the chair! i wish i had one of those! avery would love it. she used to wake up in the middle of the night and rock herself back to sleep on my glider.

bethany said...

Like I said, haven't really finished it so no Shellacing (is that really how you spell it?)yet. The paper is still glued on paper. I think you could decopage it or something. Zak suggested contact paper. I'll have to read up on it and decide-then let you know. Not as crafty as I seem, eh? :)

bethany said...

And by the way, Jakson woke up last night around 11 and would NOT go back to sleep. We let him try to show us what he wanted (when will this kid learn to talk!?), he went into the guest room and sat in the rocking chair and wouldn't get out. Finally we dragged it into his room and let him look at it from his crib. Too bad he didn't rock himself to sleep like Avery. How do I train him to do that?

Melissa said...

Cute! Love the paper.

tara said...

He is the cutest kid in the whole world. He definitely gets his looks from his mommy. :) I love the rocking chair. I'm with you Beth the rainbow just wasn't doing it. It looks great now. Great job!!!! Tell Jak his aunt Tara loves him.

Related Posts with Thumbnails