Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I'm always thinking one step ahead, like a carpenter....who builds stairs.

Thanks to Andy Bernard for that deep thought....

Our lives have been pretty crazy lately, so I haven't been keeping this updated. My dad actually called from Hong Kong (he's on a business trip) to complain about the lack of news!! At least I know SOMEONE cares :) So here's what we've been up to-the condensed version.

Saturday, we drove out to Gilbert (the other side of town) so that Zak could teach my uncle how to install carpet. The trade-off was supposed to be free babysitting so that Zak and I could actually attend the temple, but Zak ended up working on the carpet all day and we didn't get to go. I was so disappointed, but they still owe us :)-we'll take advantage of their services some other time. It's hard to spend that much time at someone else's house with Jakson because he doesn't take naps in strange rooms and wants to get into everything!! I was constantly telling him "no"/"don't touch that," and I was starting to feel like a nag. For a change of pace, we roamed Target looking at the clearance for a couple of hours. There were several things that begged me to take them home-I had to put them out of their misery.

I babysat a friend's three kids for the past two days because she went to Girl's Camp. It did NOT convince me to have 4 kids. I really don't know how people do it. I was worn out by the time their dad came to get them and they were really good!! I can't imagine how I would have felt if they would have been punks!! For some reason it seemed a lot harder than when I taught 33 kids for the same amount of time. Maybe I've just gotten spoiled with Jakson-there's only one of him and his compartively easy to keep track of.

Because I was babysitting for two days, I had to get all of my other errands done on Monday--that and I suddenly decided that I needed to organize the closet (again) and get rid of all the clothes that STILL don't fit-how depressing. There are some sizes that I have given up on.

Zak also had a work volleyball game last night-Jakson borrowed pom poms from one of Zak's co-workers and waved them around. He takes after his dad in the cheerleading department. I was so upset that I didn't have my camera!! Zak threw himself into the game-literally-in true Vermillion style. Tyler would have been proud.

All this and swimming lessons, feeding missionaries (who, by the way, didn't show up-what's with that?-they're boys, aren't they always starving?) and book club meetings (second one tomorrow night!) have been keeping us very busy. Oh yeah and the laptop battery charger has been annoyingly choosy about when it works-most of the time not at all. I need to just give in and buy a MAC....

I'm throwing in this random picture for good measure.

4 comments:

La Vida Cocina said...

Hello lovely Beth! I'm more than a few days late in leaving you a comment to say a big thank you for yours and that I was so happy to see my dear old friend on my blog!

I'm enjoying catching up on you and your beautiful family...congratulations on your marriage, your son, and what appears to be wonderfully full life. Hope your family from the good old Copperfield days are all doing well, too. I remember seeing your dad probably about 6 years ago when my mom had her liver transplant but it's been even longer since I'd seen you!

I'll be back to read up on all the fun you're having in AZ...take care and again so glad to reconnect!

Jefferson said...

but a MAC would mean no more free support from me...

Audra Bollard said...

Love the title of the post, a nod to The Office, which I am missing tonight. Sounds like you've been busy, and that you need to collect on your end of all that babysitting and go relax (or carve out that temple session time--which seems to be the hardest thing to get all coordinated for us!). Where did Zak learn to lay carpet? What a handy guy you married.

bethany said...

He had a very glamorous job at laying carpet. We got a call today from one of those timeshare things to stay at a resort for two nights in Sedona (much cooler than it is here!)-we're gonna do it and collect on my babysitting then. I'm excited to have a couple nights away!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails