Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Deal or no deal?

I usually save this sort of thing for the Screamin Deals blog, but I wanted you to highlight these two great deals because they are ending today!!

  1. Safeway or affiliated grocery store: Ending today, Safeway has a sale for General Mills cereal, 4 for $6. The confusing part is that cereals in the store are not marked at this sale price, so you have to look for cereals marked 2 for $5 or 4 for $10. You MUST buy 4 in order to get the sale price. Yesterday, the cashier then handed me a coupon for a free gallon of milk-and I'm assuming everyone who takes advantage of the cereal sale will also get one because the coupon stated that it was a reward for buying at least three GM cereals. I then went to the back and grabbed two milks (they were buy one get one free), checked out again with the milk coupon and had to pay nothing for the milk!! I also had two GM manufacturers coupons ($1.00 off of 2 GM cereals), so I ended up paying $4 for 2 gallons of milk and 4 boxes of cereal. But even without the clipped coupons, you will still walk away with 4 boxes of cereal and 2 gallons of milk for $6! Pretty good price!!
  2. LUVS at Target: If you have a diaper wearer, it doesn't get any better than this!! I was able to get 104 diapers yesterday at Target for $6.99. I used the BOGO Free coupon (expires today) and the $3 off last night and it worked like a charm. I handed the cashier the $3 off coupon first-but I don't know if it matters. I've heard that Target will take coupons after the expiration date, but I haven't tried it, so I'm not sure.
  3. Shutterfly photo book-FREE: Shutterfly will send you a code for a free 8x8 photo book (I LOVE THESE!!-a $30 dollar value!) if you have pictures in your Yahoo Photos account and transfer them to Shutterfly. You can find more details and links on the Screamin' Deals website. This does NOT expire today.
Hope this saves you some money-then you'll have more to spend on other stuff at Target! That store is my downfall. Happy shopping!

3 comments:

Jon said...

Sad news, the shutterfly deal only works if you already have pictures uploaded on Yahoo pictures. They arn't allowing any new people to sign up and even if you already have an account with yahoo, like I do, they won't let you add pictures anymore.

sadface

Got any other free shutterfly ones?

Vanessa said...

just on a whim as I was driving past safeway yesterday, I thought I'd go in and try out this milk and cereal deal. I told the cashier about the 4 boxes for $6, and if it didn't work I don't want the cereal. Since I didn't have a Safeway card or coupon (from the weekly safeway ad?) she said it wouldn't work. Oh well, it was worth a shot. Sorry to post another sad experience. But I love to read about good deals, so keep letting us know!

Audra Bollard said...

Wow, these are amazing deal, even for you Beth!

I loved The Giver too. I read it last year for our July book club. This year the same host picked the two sequels for the group to read a year later. I liked them both, but reading them back to back they just blended into the same story for me (more so than The Giver), so I couldn't say which I liked better. They make for great discussion though. Tell me if her new one is good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails