Thursday, May 31, 2007

Strange Cakes and Party Hats


I got this brilliant beyond brilliant idea to combine Zak's two favorite desserts, brownies and ice cream, into one delicious concoction in the form of a pseudo ice cream cake. Originally, I wanted to get him a Coldstone ice cream cake, but being quite attached to my kidneys, I didn't want to have to sell them on the black market in order to purchase it (have you seen the prices on those things?!). Unfortunately, I forgot about the trouble our family has with cakes. We got the ball rolling with the "leaning tower of Pisa" wedding cake and it hasn't stopped from there. My attempt was tasty as long as you didn't lose your appetite looking at it. I would give you the recipe, but honestly I didn't really follow one (problem number one?). In fact, I did find one that proclaimed to be good, but it required homemade brownies--who has time for that? In the end, I don't think I will be doing this again anytime soon.

We had a little get together with some friends on Tuesday night, no one seemed incredibly put off by the cake-thank goodness. Needless to say, no one asked for the recipe though. :) Zak's best gift of the night was a Slurpee machine for his office from Jakson. The things you can find at Goodwill-and still in the box! At the culmination of the party, we watched the season finale of the Office again-can you really ever get enough? Yea Pam and Jim!!
Party animals Nate, Zak, and Phil

Not from the night of the party, but doesn't Jakson look like he is excited about something? Maybe the notion that the Vermillion ugly cake tradition lives on.

2 comments:

Katie Brown said...

i didn't know you and your family were cake cursed. i'm sure it was fabulous!

Audra Bollard said...

This post was awesome. I really think you and Zak are the most perfect couple for each other--a slurpee machine from Good will--I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails