Thursday, May 24, 2007

Quick and Easy Baby Gift

My friend Bridget just had a baby girl and I've been looking for an excuse to make an accordian mini-album, so I decided to make one as a gift. It was super fast and inexpensive!! I bought an accordion album for $2.50 (it was 50% off at Hobby Lobby) and a pack of coordinating Studio K sheets for $3.00 (also on sale at Hobby Lobby). Not bad!! I added a little ribbon and rub-ons that I already had and cut out my own numbers to match. I worked on it during American Idol last night (poor Blake!) and finished it up this morning.
Total Time = 2 1/2 hours
Total Money = $7.50 (including the metal tag on the front, Chalk inkpad that I am sending with the album and the ribbon)
I don't remember where I saw this idea, but the album is designed so that Bridget can take a picture of Grace every month with the same stuffed animal (to show her growth) and stick it into the album. The nice thing is there's not much work that has to be done on Bridget's part. I also included a page for journaling where she can write a letter to Grace, memories from the day she was born or keep track of her weight and height from each doctor's appointment. The last two pages say "little hands" and "little feet" for stamping her hands and feet.



4 comments:

Katie Brown said...

very cute, bethy! i wouldn't call it a "quick and easy baby gift" though... 2 1/2 hours is way too much work for me.

bethany said...

I was watching TV the whole time anyway. Might as well do two things at once! :)

Audra Bollard said...

The problem with this post is that I will be totally expecting my "cheap & easy" (more like "darling & unique") gift when I get my girl someday--I'm still jealous from Lissa's post :) How do you think of these things Beth?

Latta Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts with Thumbnails