Monday, April 02, 2007

Righteous Pride-that's the good kind, right?

While we were living in the city of sin, Zak and I bought a sewing
machine with a gift card we had gotten from one of those obnoxious time
share presentations. I say Zak and I because Zak claims that he too is
excited to learn to sew. I made some curtains, which we haven't hung
yet, and the top of a patchwork quilt, nothing too complicated. But
last week Hobby Lobby had a fabulous deal on their Simplicity
patterns-only 99 cents-so I went searching for something that I, as an
unskilled seamstress, wouldn't botch too badly. Here are the results:


I know it kind of looks like baby scrubs and frankly, I'm afraid to wash it for fear it will just unravel, but I can officially say that I have sewn an article of clothing for my child. I think there's some kind of exclusive Mormon mommy club that I get to join now. Honestly, I never thought that I would be this domestic.
Sometimes I am so domestic that I scare myself.
Next project..crocheting a tissue box cover. Then maybe I'll go visit Annie in Pennsylvania and sell them at a booth next to painted gourds. Two essentials in good home decorating.

5 comments:

Zak said...

It is not my fault I want to sew, I had 4 older sisters. I was lucky to get out of the house with only wearing a dress to school once!

Audra Bollard said...

Love it, Bethy! You and your projects, you leave me exhausted. But, I will say that I wish I knew how to sew the home stuff--curtains, pillows, quilts, etc.

Annie said...

Your croteched tissue covers would sell like hot cakes. You'd be filthy with money.

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

p.s. - real men love to sew...
(don't ask me how i know this. i'm not at liberty to fully disclose that information.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails