Friday, April 13, 2007

I Simply Remember My Favorite Things.....

And then I don't feel so bad.

I really need this today. I have been dealing with a screaming, whining, vomiting, pooping little boy for almost SEVEN days! I didn't know kids could be this sick for this long. It's seriously worse than when he was an infant-he gets up every two hours to eat and then vomits half that up. Needless to say, I am running on very little sleep and I am getting a little grumpy. So I am going to tell you about 25 things that I love, rather than complain some more about my life :)

  • Zak-he's been so great with Jakson this week- getting up in the middle of the night, taking over when he gets home from work, having patience when I have none. Also his witty although sometimes dorky remarks-he makes me laugh!
  • Granola cereal
  • Garage Sales with Zak on a Sat. morning
  • Going on walks with my family
  • Scrapbooking
  • Glen Beck (talk radio)
  • Dashboard Confessional-especially "A Mark, a Mission, a Brand, a Scar" album
  • Jakson's infrequent hugs
  • Starting a good book
  • Project Runway, the Office, and American Idol-I have to admit I also enjoy "The Real Housewives of Orange County" on BRAVO :)-guilty pleasure
  • Talking to my mom and dad on the phone
  • Organized rooms-remember the obsession with the label maker?
  • Finding really cute boys clothes
  • Jakson's smile-the one where his eyes squint shut
  • Checking the mail-it's just so exciting!-you never know what you're going to get
  • going on a date-or a weekend (I love Anniversary Inn)
  • the Library!
  • Fetticuni Alfredo and Mahkni Chicken (Indian food)
  • Taking pictures
  • IKEA-just window shopping there is fun
  • quiet mornings (and dark-I don't like light in the morning-weird, huh?)
  • having a trip to look forward to
  • front loading washer and dryer
  • going to concerts-especially when it is all "General Admission"
  • swing dancing
I feel better now.

1 comments:

Katie Brown said...

sorry jak has been so sick and for so long. he's so young to get such a violent stomach flu. make sure he doesn't get dehydrated. i had to take rylee to the ER once because her flu was so bad that she needed on IV. glad you have some favorite things to keep you sane.

Related Posts with Thumbnails