Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

Today is my parents anniversary! They have been married for 32 years. My mom claims she only started dating my dad because he had a car and a calculator (she was a slide-rule owning math major). My dad apparently followed her around at a ward party (BYU singles ward-those were the days), but she didn't pay any attention to him (she didn't know about his redeeming qualities, the car and the calculator) and after getting her name, asked her out. At this point, my mom tried to set him up with her roommate, but my dad persisted, thank goodness, and a few months later, they were married in the Salt Lake temple. And my mom never had to use a slide rule again. I will always be grateful for my parents and all of the sacrifices that they have made for us-I think I can appreciate them even more now that I am a parent. I love them very much!

Here they are posing at BYU-where they met-last year

2 comments:

Zak said...

I thought you said your parents have been married for 32 years. Then how could they have met at BYU last year?

Anonymous said...

Bethany, you completed our family when you came along. We love you very much. DAD

Related Posts with Thumbnails