Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Obsession


When I was younger, I loved the Berenstain Bears books. My favorite was called Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room. When Brother and Sister finally get their room clean, there is an illustration of their closet and the boxes (showbox size) all stacked up and labeled neatly. Eve since, that picture has stuck with me and I've always wanted my closets to lookr like that. Costco used to have boxes of plastic shoeboxes and I would buy them and divide my belongings up into categories and label the boxes-but I had to label them in my own handwriting. Well, now I can really have a Berenstain Bears closet because I got a Dymo label maker (the mixed up denture commercial)from Zak for my birthday!! Organization galore!

7 comments:

Katie Brown said...

when i was staying at your house i was very impressed with all your neat boxes (and you have very neat handwriting so you don't technically need a label maker, but i'm glad it makes you happy). happy belated birthday! sorry i forgot to email!

Audra Bollard said...

I just have to say--I wouldn't have exactly expected this judging from your bedroom during the college days :) Isn't it great how much we've all progressed?! You have stuff in labeled boxes, I can actually follow an exercise plan now . . . in another eight years we're going to be amazing!

bethany said...

I got like this when I started teaching. Something about being surrounded by chaotic children made me want to start labeling manilla folders. Weird

Melissa White said...

Okay, you dreamed of neat closets? Are you the same person I roomed with Sophmore year? It wasn't neatly stacked plastic boxes, it was haphazardly thrown in plastic bags!! I would have LOVED those plastic boxes.

Katie Brown said...

but liss, then we wouldn't have had "crinkle the plastic bag day!"

bethany said...

I'll have you know-those plastic bags were under the bed-not in the closet!

Vanessa said...

Am I the only one who has noticed that lots of the people who post are named after colors-White, Brown and of course Vermillion?

Related Posts with Thumbnails