Friday, January 19, 2007

Am I missing something?

As we all remember, last time I toured model homes Jakson barfed all over the million dollar kitchen. I should have learned my lesson, but obviously didn't because yesterday Zak and I decided to see what we could get for the money here in Houston. It was rainy and cold-but we strapped Jakson into a Snugli and braved the weather. We toured 14 homes and as I was going down the wooden stairs in the last home, I slipped (remember the rainy part?) and fell-my ankle turning in a way that did not look natural. At first we were afraid that I broke it, but thankfully (after a $250 visit to Urgent Care-of course they didn't take our insurance), it was just a really bad sprain. Maybe it's a sign that we shouldn't be looking at homes right now? Okay, I get it. I'd hate to see what would happen if I didn't listen this time-at the next house would I accidently eat a plastic cookie and die?


Not my favorite house from this neighborhood, but the best picture I could find on the internet-just an example of the ridiculous prices here. This home is about 3000 square feet and costs $220,000-230,000!!

2 comments:

Katie Brown said...

yes beth, but then you would have to live in TEXAS! houses are cheap in places no one wants to live.... :) okay, am i going to get a bunch of hate mail from all your texan cohorts? if it helps my case, my husband has been trying to get me to move there for a year now.... sorry about the ankle!

Melissa said...

RIDICULOUS! Sounds like a great deal to me. Seriously.

Related Posts with Thumbnails