Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Matchmaker, matchmaker make me a match

Zak and I have talked a lot about traditions that we want our family to keep, especially now that Jakson is around. Whenever I think of traditions, I think of Fiddler on the Roof, which reminds me of my brother in law Tyler dancing around singing "If I were a rich man"-it's very humorous. Hence the song lyrics from the same musical as the title. Thought I'd explain all that before I got to the real point (Zak says I always do that-give a 20 minute preface to a story that should have been two seconds long).
So..traditions. We have decided to keep a can (or "blessing bucket" as I like to call it) and paper/pen on the front entryway table and everyday during November we write something down that we are thankful for and put it in the bucket. People who come to visit are supposed to do it too, although we haven't had many visitors since I put it up two days ago-maybe I should have had the guy who tried to sell me cleaner for the driveway add to it? On Thanksgiving Day, we will read and remember all of the things that we have been blessed with. I just thought it was a nice idea for a holiday that often gets overlooked or is just an excuse to overindulge. Hopefully, we will be able to keep up our new tradition. It's been good for me to stop during the day and think of things that I am grateful for. And, no I did not come up with it. Let's be honest, when is the last time that I was that creative? I'm a teacher and teachers are the best thieves.

Yes, it is another paint can....you see I have started a website selling altered cans and custom scrapbooking. I haven't really advertised it or told anyone about it, except Zak, Melissa (Cook-White) and my mother. Kind of like when I was pregnant and didn't tell anyone about it until Jakson was practically here, I wanted to make my first million and then tell you. But I've decided to come clean. There's a link to it on the left . It's a work in progress, which is another reason I hadn't told anyone-so, don't judge me. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for you. . .that's awesome! And yeah for me, I don't have to scrapbook - I can pay you to do it!!

Melissa V.

Anonymous said...

impressive bethy! once again you girls remind me of my lack of talents! katie

Related Posts with Thumbnails