Thursday, October 05, 2006

A trip down memory lane.....

So, I was driving the Civic last night (something I rarely do because Zak usually drives it) and began reminiscing about the good ol' days in Provo living with my girls. I am honestly surprised that the car is in as good of shape as it is; after getting hit in the Northwoods parking lot (the girl who tried to park in the same parking space that I was already parked in), late night drives almost getting attacked by deer (Annie, remember driving up the canyon and turning around, very slowly, and coming home whenever we saw a deer?) and who was I with when we went up to Squaw Peak and a car followed us home, so we tried to lose them by parking in someone's driveway, turning the lights off and then sheepishly had to back out because they found us? Kit? As a token of memories, I have included some pictures that you may have thought (or wished) had disappered forever. Join me on this trip-for some of us it may be the only vacation we have all year.
By the way, all of these pictures were taken in the days when there were no digital cameras *gasp-you're THAT old?*, and we're too cheap for a scanner, so the pictures are a picture of picture. Not the best quality.

Annie "Texas" Reynolds


We were so innocent then.
We were still wondering-How many times is it appropriate to write a missionary in one week? What Fiona Apple song will best describe my next breakup? What disgusting concoction will they serve to us on Sunday in the Cannon Center? How many times is it appropriate to write to a missionary in one day? Will it be the squirting chicken surprise? Will I get that crap on my clothes again? Will anyone ever love me? Should I go to the Missionary Emporium and get the name of a random missionary to write to? When we finally meet will it be like Saturday's Warrior? "I've seen that smile somewhere before." Don't be ashamed of singing along.
What we weren't wondering: Will my child ever get hand, foot and mouth disease? How many years will I be paying for my husband to get through school? Will my clothes ever fit again after I have a baby? What am I going to make for dinner? (okay, maybe we were sort of thinking that, but it usually had three answers, macaroni and cheese, those dang Vinegar Tortilla chips that Annie was addicted to, or whatever Audra is cooking)


This is a great shot of Katie's butt. And of course, her sexy elbows. If you look closely, you can see someone in the background that would change Annie's life forever....I wonder what he thought of us during our trampoline game.


This picture needs no words.


Kit--is this the night that we tried to get on a plane and go somewhere? Instead we stole phone books and took random pictures in front of Christmas decorations that we passed. What stories we have to tell Jak and Kayda someday.

It's okay I know you are still singing that doctrinally incorrect song in your head, so I've included the lyrics because I know how frustrating it can be not to remember the words to a song.
Sing, sing your heart out. Everyone's doing it-no one will know.

Circle Of Our Love
I've seen that smile somewhere before
I've heard your voice before
It seems like we talk like this before.
Sometime, who can be certain when?
But if I knew you then,
It's strange I can't remember
Feelings come so strong,
Like we known each other oh, so long.
The circle of our love is more
Than just a rising sun that sets,
The circle of our love, it goes forever.
The circle of our love begins
With now and every promised dream
In God's eternal plan, it goes forever.
The circle of our love extends
Beyond the reach of time
Beyond the span of days and years, it goes forever
The circle of our love begins
With now and every promised dream
In God's eternal plan, it goes forever.
The circle of our love extends
Beyond the reach of time
Beyond the span of days and years, it goes forever
The circle of our love is found
In every warm and tender thing
That lips may breath or hearts may beat, forever.

3 comments:

Annie said...

I think I just threw up a little bit.

j&krosser said...

Poor, poor Jaden. He always has to hear about that day/night in SLC. I love it! Kayda and Jak I'm sure will love knowing how fun their moms USED to be. :)

Katie said...

umm, beth, can you PLEASE burn that picture of my butt????

ps--there's nothing wrong with adopting a missionary!

Related Posts with Thumbnails